OEC Application Requirements for Balik-Manggagawa

By on October 7, 2011 — Updated on June 2, 2012

Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) is an exit permit and an employment certificate issued to the OFWs who are on vacation and returning to the same employer in the same country. This certificate should be presented to the Immigration counter at the airport prior to departure from the Philippines. The certificate also serves as a proof of payment that a worker has been duly documented by the POEA and has paid the processing fee and OWWA membership contribution and it entitles a worker to travel tax exemption and free terminal fee.

OEC Application Requirements

The following must be submitted to the Office of the Labor Attache at Philippine Embassy of the country where you are working. This is based on the requirements of Philippine Embassy in Brunei Darussalam.

  • Original Passport with valid entry visa chop;
  • 2 photo copies of the Passport – the copy should include the front page and pages where the employment pass and entry visa chop are found;
  • 2 copies of duly accomplished OFW Information Sheets or OEC Application Forms that are available at the Office of the Labor Attache, but in Brunei, you can get the copies of the form from the person-in-charge at the entrance;
  • Proof of valid OWWA membership but for end-contract balik-manggagawa, renewal of OWWA membership is required;
  • 2 copies of Employment Contract or Employer’s Certification for new registrants or undocumented workers;
  • 2 copies of Added Terms and Conditions to the Contract of Employment (Professionals and Other Categories) – sometimes this is not required depending on the type of your Employment Contract;
  • 2 photo copies of employer’s IC – for OFWs in Brunei; and
  • B$4.00 OEC fee plus B$35.00 for OWWA membership fee for renewing OFWs plus B$17.00 for contract verification fee. Total of B$56.00 around 1,800php.

When you are finished, you’ll receive a certificate stating, “This certifies that the holder is a bonafide Balik-Manggagawa whose documents were duly processed by the POEA.”

Enhanced by Zemanta

Is it your first time at CreativityWindow™? » START HERE

One Comment

  1. Ezekiel Soria

    December 21, 2012 at 10:17 am

    Hi ma’am / Sir,

    Good day,

    I have want to ask a question, I’m a sea-based worker here in Solomon Islands, pero dumaan po ako ng POEA direct hired para po makakuha ako ng OEC, so ngayon I’m end of contract na but they renewed it. ngayon po uwi ako ng pinas para mg-bakasyon, tanung ko lang po kung ano ano po ang mga dapat kelangan n documents or requirements para po makakuha ulit ako ng OEC? sana po ay matulongan ninyo ako at ng makapg-prepare nrin po ako. yun lang po at maraming maraming salamat and may god bless you all, & merry Xmas.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge