Easy DIY Wobbling Mother’s Day Signage
Although Mother’s Day is celebrated on various dates around the world – like December 22 in Indonesia and August 12 in Thailand, most countries including Australia, Brunei, Canada, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and United States celebrate this special day for mothers every 2nd Sunday of May and it is May 13 in 2012.
Here is the list of Mother’s Day date in different countries.
Mother’s Day is also one of the events which retailers could take advantages to promote their products. For this reason, we have here a wobbling signage project for Mother’s Day.
It is easy to create one and forgive me if the image here will never stop wobbling because it’s in GIF format. ^_^ In reality, it only wobbles when there is an external force acts on it and also stops after having decelerating oscillation for few minutes, and the idea of having this wobbling signage is to capture more attention since movement is effective for this purpose.
Here is how to make your wobbling signage.
Materials and Tools
- The signage (back-to-back)
- Balloon stick with cup
- Small block of wood
- Ribbon or artificial flowers
- Glue gun & glue Stick
1. Make sure that your signage is ready. On the example, I have used a round signage.
2. Stick your signage on the balloon cup with hot melt glue and let it dry. A balloon cup is a plastic cup that is used to hold a balloon.
3. Then stick the other end of the balloon stick onto the small block of wood, which will serve as the base of your wobbling signage. If you can find better alternative (for small block of wood) for the purpose, you can freely use it as long as it is presentable.
4. Put additional decorations, may it be a ribbon or artificial flowers, covering the glue at the base and at the balloon cup to have neat and nicer project.
5. Place it on the area where you items for Mother’s Day like gift set, cookware, hand bags and more are displayed.
Have happy preparation for the Mother’s Day!