10 Straightforward Steps to Dressing a Mannequin

By on June 19, 2012 — Updated on June 14, 2013

I could just remember a friend once asked, “Why the dress was very attractive when I saw it being worn by a mannequin but when I bought and use it, I became slightly not satisfied?”

It is just a proof of a simple fact that a dressed mannequin often catch the consumers eye ahead of any garment on a hanger. Whether you like it or not, mannequin and bust forms or tailors dummies are made and dressed to be attractive and capture attention.

According to an article fro Spring Dresses, dressing mannequins and shows are an integral portion of advertising Attire Ranges and components in the entire world of Retail Garments. Dressing a garment on the mannequin and setting it within a exhibit has established to extend income by as much as 70% in a few instances – so excellent strategy for endorsing poor advertising lines!

The article further stressed that the average purchaser is physically shopping after they are inside of a store, on the other hand very few of them are in fact engaged in buying mentality – their minds are on the entire good deal of other items, this sort of as thinking of what they have to get in for dinner, remembering to fork out a bill. . . and so forth and so forth. most are browsers just because most are usually not mentally purchasing. For this reason it’s the power of display which makes them halt within their tracks and assume – wow that looks fantastic!

Actually, I was trying to just provide a link here to the original article on how to dress a mannequin but the article which I am to share is not properly formatted which make it very hard to read. However, you can read it HERE, but I also provided a well formatted copy on the next page of the post.

Here is the Page 2

Photo by dw*c

Is it your first time at CreativityWindow™? » START HERE

Pages: 1 2

6 Comments

1. metalpig design

June 20, 2012 at 12:18 am

Same as my co-worker. She told me that when she saw the dress on the window display it looks fabulous, so she bought it. But after maybe a couple of occasion that she wore the said dress, she decided to hang it – she’s not comfortable wearing it.

Btw, thanks for explaining us some of those marketing strategy… 🙂
    I invite you to read: Liquid Flowers High Speed Photography Series by Jack LongMy Profile

2. tatess

June 20, 2012 at 3:45 am

True, the clothes looks perfect on the mannequin and even the color combination. Sometimes ,i wish to have a perfect body like these mannequins on the display windows.
    I invite you to read: A Back -to-School Giveaway!My Profile

3. carmel

June 20, 2012 at 5:50 am

Agree with #2, the clothes should be ironed and look neat. I dunno why some boutiques don’t make the effort to present their clothing properly. Most passersby in the mall look at the mannequins first and go inside when they like what they see. This was what attracted my sis to buy lots of clothes from a certain boutique, just from a single blouse displayed on a mannequin. 😉
    I invite you to read: Exploring GlasgowMy Profile

4. carmel

June 20, 2012 at 5:54 am

I prefer to look at mannequins with facial features though. Faceless mannequins lack “personality”, or somethin’ like that.
    I invite you to read: Budget ski holidaysMy Profile

5. RonLeyba

June 20, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Mannequin can be the life of any businesses that relies on visual displays. I mean, they can encourage passerby or even those people who don’t plan to buy any, to actually check their store out and eventually, buy from them.

The given tips are kinda cool for those people who wanted to really make something out of their mannequin displays.
    I invite you to read: Learning the 5 Types of College ProfessorsMy Profile

6. Elden Gatley

March 23, 2016 at 1:31 am

I would have to agree that mannequins do a much better job at showcasing clothing items than do simple hangers. After all, shirts really can look better when fitted to a body, even if that body is not your own. The same goes for pants, too. My wife never fails to mention how hard it is for her to find the right pants. I think that’s because they only appear to be the right size when straight-stretched.